One Bad Cookie

Musings of a Girl Gamer & Sometimes Writer

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sister, I'm a Poet

While the title of this blog is also a line from a Morrissey song (which I love, love, love...a lot) it is also the excuse I give for daydreaming so much. Once again I find myself successfully avoiding my own writing schedule & rather indulging in someone else's...oh the internet is a wicked, wicked thing for girls who love to procrastinate with a capital 'P'. Anyway, I'm reading a collection of poetry by Constantine Cavafy and I came across this poem...which makes me sigh and stare out the window:

I've Looked so Much...

I've looked on beauty so much
that my vision overflows with it.

The body's lines. Red lips. Sensual limbs.
Hair as though stolen from Greek statues,
always lovely, even uncombed,
and falling slightly over pale foreheads.
Figures of love, as my poetry desired them
....in the nights when I was young,
encountered secretly in my nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home